Friday, November 16, 2007

Taking the next step...

One of the core values for my life is "lifelong learning." Some of you are chuckleing because you know that I have been in college for a long time. This isn't what I mean! I mean that we have to constantly be reading, learning and teaching.
We are taking the next step in our education. Katie recently received an acceptance letter from Drexel University! I am so proud of her. This means that we will be in the area for at least another year. This also was the catalyst for me to finish my masters degree here at VFCC.
This means that we get to hit the pause button on the church plant for at least one year.

0 comments:

Blog Archive

Books I'm reading in the coming weeks...

  • The Prophet of Yongwood
  • Peter and the Shadow Theives
  • Seeing Redd

Books I've read in 2008...

  • The Prophet of Yongwood
  • The People of Sparks
  • The City of Ember
  • A Wrinkle in Time
  • Jumper
  • I am Legend
  • The Looking Glass Wars
  • Peter and the Starcatchers
  • Peter and the Star Catchers
  • The Feild Guide (Spiderwick)
  • The Seeing Stone (Spiderwick)
  • Lucinda's Secret (Spiderwick)
  • The Ironwood Tree (Spiderwick)
  • The Wrath of Mulgrath (Spiderwick)
  • Messenger
  • Gathering Blue
  • The Golden Compass
  • The Subtle Knife
  • The Amber Spyglass

My Running Totals!

Ministry related books I've recently read...

  • The Multi-site Church Revolution, Surrat, Ligon, and Bird
  • The Big Idea, Fergussen
  • Spiritual Gifts, David Lim
  • Master Your Money, Blue
  • Christ Centered Preaching, Chapell
  • Preaching to a Postmodern World, Johnston
  • The Connecting Church, Frazee
  • Biblical Hermeneutics, Kaiser and Silva
  • 7 Practices of Effective Ministry,
  • Christian Worship, Segler
  • The New Worship, Barry Liesch

The church I attend:

Recent Audiobooks...

  • The Wide Window
  • The Miserable Mill